AbuseIO 4.1 Documentation¶
When you have found a problem within the code (aka bug) or a missing feature you can report a new issue on our GitHub Issue Tracker. Bug reports take little time to file and are very helpful to the developers. This is one of the easiest contributions you can make. To be able to submit new issues you are required to create a GitHub account. Please include every little detail, be it package versions, configurations, logs or screenshots to support your bug report or feature request. That will help developers to analyze, reproduce, fix & implement patches or new features faster. Please consider these hints as well:
- First check whether there is not an existing issue for the problem you are reporting. There quite well may already be a solution or answer to your problem.
- Provide an error log that contains the error(s). When you discover some additional information along the way that you think might be useful for the developers, annotate the issue and share what you’ve learned.
- Explain why its a problem and what behavior was expected.
- Include your configuration file (but anonimize it!) and other files you configured/changed.
- A well-written bug report is invaluable to developers. A reproduction recipe script, however, is worth a hundred well-written reports. Nothing helps developers understand better what you were doing when something went wrong than being able to do exactly that something themselves and see the same results. Unfortunately, many bug reports come in via the mailing list or issue tracker and offer only prose descriptions of the problem. So another excellent opportunity for contribution is to turn those prose reports into reliable, repeatable reproduction scripts.
IRC / Chat server¶
The best way for directly contacting us is using IRC (server: irc.freenode.net, channel: #abuseio). It will give you the opportunity to ask questions directly in case you run into troubles. Please note that it sometimes can take somewhat longer for others to respond to your question. In case you need to paste a large text (examples, configs, etc) please do not put them on IRC directly, but use pastebin instead. And do not forget to anonimize any texts.
To contact the developers we’ve created a mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org, which is open for everybody.
To subscribe to the mailing list, send a blank e-mail to email@example.com or to unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any problems with the mailing list, you can contact email@example.com
Without the support from the community, there can’t be a AbuseIO to start with! There are many ways in which you can help keep the project going, for example with sharing a patch, reporting issues, adding your knowledge to our wiki, creating information texts for end users or helping out on the mailing lists and IRC channel. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated.
We use the GitHub Issue Tracker for change requests, bug reports or other issues with AbuseIO. If you haven’t submitted an issue on github ever before you might want to check our Getting Support page first as it would explain how issues should be reported to us.
Created a patch or add-on? Great! We love to see your merge request with detailed information on what your patch does, how we can test and implement it. If you merge is about an existing issue then please include that information as well.
Joining the development team¶
Considering spending a lot of time coding for AbuseIO? Then consider joining our development team. Developers with a long history of submitting high-quality patches can gain direct commit rights. This is obviously beneficial to the developer community — where it concerns quality developers: “the more, the merrier”! But never underestimate how valuable this experience can be to you personally and professionally too.
When you become a member of the core development team we will provide you with licenses for PhpStorm and IntelliJ IDEA to aid you in your work. These licenses were kindly provided by JetBrains.
Creating documentation and information texts¶
Found incomplete or incorrect documentation? Then please create an issue to report your feedback on the matter. It would be greate when you create a complete request and e.g. supply a replacement text, so we can update our documentation accordingly.